Sheesh Louise people, where has the time gone?!! I mean seriously, I didn't think time would fly by so fast. My little angel (and angel she truly is) is almost three months and I am still in a state of euphoria over it all. G and I really are PARENTS, doting parents I must admit.
Baby K has us both wrapped around her tiny little pinky toes and we just can't get enough. She is truly a treasure in so many ways!
Here are a few thoughts on being a new mommy in Tokyo!
1. I see why people have multiple children. Yes indeed, I understand completely. While I was pregnant (and even while giving birth) it was pretty tough for me to understand why people did this over and over again. But that was all before Baby K's first smile, laugh, cry, poop, blink... (Yes, i love my child.)
2. Finally, we've reached the point where I am able to get things done around the house. I'm feeling pretty good these days, as I can clean, take care of Baby K, and cook (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and still have a happy little one. Yay!!
3. Just as I suspected, G is wonderful with her. He is a great daddy, I can already tell they have a special bond. The look on her face when he picks her up and talks to her, it's the best.
4. I had no idea how wonderful nursing would be (not to mention convenient!) It is truly fulfilling to see your child grow, and the only source of food has been mommy's milk since birth (plus an occasional drop of Mylicon).
5. Speaking of gas.. Baby gas (the audible kind not the painful kind) has to be one of the most hilarious things on this earth. I mean really, such a small little baby just pootin' like a grown man! It's the look on her face though that makes it most funny, totally oblivious!
6. I'm feeling great and am counting the days until she turns three months because I get to hit the gym at (TAC) and she can be watched in the daycare for an hour during my session.
7. My child can eat. And, she can be quite serious and vocal about mommy not moving fast enough. When she is hungry, watch out!
8. We're planning a trip home this summer to introduce her to all of her family, exciting!!!!
9. I am recovering from a cold, it sucked. I always wondered what it would be like to take care of baby while sick... not very fun. Baby K didn't get sick though, very very thankful about that.
10. While I do use Facebook, I'm not comfortable putting up all of my baby's photos up regularly. It's not private enough for me. So, I've been using Moment Garden to share my daily uploads with friends and family, they are all really enjoying it. It's like a private Facebook for your baby.
It's been a while since I've posted, so I'd love to hear from you!